Tuesday, March 27, 2007

This IS Iraq

It might be on other blogs, I don't know, it might be seen by many, I don't know, but thanks to Laith who brought my attention to this video a while ago.

This is Iraq, this is what Iraq The Lasting Love blog is all about. This is how Iraqis used to live! I am going to borrow a comment on this wonderful video to simply describe it:

"This video is about Iraq, its not about politics, its about how people remember their homeland, Iraq is not Saddam, This country is the where all the human civilizations started."



Thanks Laith, one more time, for the great work, thanks for showing a glimpse of how Iraq used to be.

2 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I too blogged this video. I was trying desperately to give others some concept of how Iraq was, the architecture, the people, the country, the art.

In my coutry many only know of Iraq from images on the news, of a war torn country..This video is beautiful in its simplicity

MixMax said...

Gale, this is the reason I made this blog, it is mainly about "a lot of pictures" from Iraq and "little information". I feel guilty that I don't have enough time for this blog to expand and show the whole world how Iraq used to be - other than the political aspect of things during that period!